Scrafters With An Altitude is excited to share with you the plans we have for an AMAZING mountain retreat at Bison Peak Lodge in scenic Colorado! Remember how fun pajama parties were? You were away from home, you got to stay up late, hang out with your friends and have a great time. We are inviting you to take a break from adulthood and join us for some good old-fashioned fun!
- Date: September 26, 27 & 28, 2008
- Where: Bison Peak Lodge in the Tarryall Mountains, CO
The Bison Peak Lodge is located in Colorado's Tarryall River Valley about 2 hours southwest of Denver-- at the geographic center of the state. The lodge looks right out at Bison Peak, the highest peak in the Tarryall Mountains (12.486 ft) and is nestled along Second Creek at the base of Farnum Peak , one of the higher points in the Puma Hills. You can see pictures and get more information about Bison Peak at their website at www.bisonpeaklodge.com. The Owner’s of the Lodge are Chelsea and James Faerber. Chelsea will be our hostess for the event. I will post her bio in a few days so you can "get to know" her.
Your Croppin’ In The Mountains Retreat includes:
* Friday & Saturday night lodging at Bison Peak Lodge. Accommodations include a single bed in one of the following rooms. Rooms will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis. If you will be a round the clock cropper and require only a little sleep, the yurt is the way to go!
- Mountain Room – 4 singles
- Bear Room – 6 singles
- Tree Room – 4 singles
- Queen Room – 1 to 2 people with one Queen bed
- Bison Peak also has a 16-person and a 4-person YURT available for the TRUE Adventurers
If you choose the one of yurts:
- There is no heat and no electric in the yurt
- Showers are available in the lodge
- There is a $30 per night discount
- The Lodge provides 30° sleeping bags that are super warm…if you sleep instead of crop!
* Reserved seating in the Lodge’s main room 12 Noon Friday until 1pm Sunday
* 5’ of table space per person all weekend long along with extension cords and surge protectors for heat guns, etc.
* Wonderful meals – some using vegetables grown on a garden located a just a few miles away!
Friday Dinner - Pasta
Saturday Breakfast – Eggs, Bacon, Cereal
Saturday Lunch – Sandwiches
Saturday Dinner – Burgers - You can request regular or veggie
Sunday Breakfast – Pancakes & Mimosas
Sunday Lunch – Sandwiches – These can be boxed for your ride home
Snacks, including a special late night snack on Friday and Saturday nights!
Unlimited tea, coffee, water & soda
* Unlimited use of our resource and tool center which includes a computer and printer
* Satellite radio and a special movie presentation late Saturday night
* Special surprises from the time you arrive to the time you leave!
* Optional break activity – Hiking or Mountain Biking - this is at no extra cost to you!
* Lots of fun & new friends
* Make & Takes will be offered
* Ala Carte Classes
- We are working to add a couple of Ala Carte classes for your enjoyment.
- We will e-mail all those that have registered once these are finalized, as well as, posting the info right here!
* Swaps – Guidelines will be available soon
- Photo Swap
- Card Swap
- ATC Swap
* Contests – Guidelines will be available soon
- Best page created while at retreat - 1st & 2nd place
- Most creative use of materials while at retreat – 1st & 2nd place
* Giveaways and Games
- Package rates per person $399 or $339 if you choose the Yurt for your accommodations.
- There is a non-refundable deposit of $199 due at the time of your reservation. Your balance will be due 30 days prior to your arrival date.
- Payments will be by PayPal or Cashier’s Check
- We must have at least 12 people for the retreat to happen. If there are NOT enough people registered, we will let you know by August 23, 2008. and your money will be refunded.
- Scrappers must be at least 14 years old
- We have a total of 32 spaces available based on the number rooms/beds and yurts available.
- If you need transportation to and from the airport, there will be a $75 round trip fee. Pick-up is available between 10am and 2pm Friday, September 26th at the Denver International Airport. Return transportation to the airport will be at 1pm on Sunday afternoon, September 28th.
- There is no smoking inside the Lodge or yurts
The Lodge will be dedicated to you and the reatreat for the entire weekend! You will be able to relax in your PJ’s, stay up all night giggling with girlfriends old & new while making your fabulous creations. We would LOVE for you to join us!
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to have a registration form sent to you via e-mail. If you prefer you can call Stephanie at 512-844-1902 and the form can be sent via fax.
We hope you will join us for this event!
Please spread the word!