Thursday, April 17, 2008
Friday, April 4, 2008
I have a friend that was deployed to Afghanistan a few months back. Scrafters with an Altitude has begun working on some cards to send to Dan & the troops in his command. These cards are for them to use to write home to their loved ones.
We are inviting you all to be a part of this effort!
It would be fabulous, if you have cards laying around that need a good home or if you have any spare time to make a card or two or 20, we would LOVE to include this with ours!! The soldiers love homemade cards they can send to their loved ones. These cards go very quickly!
I would request that you send envelopes for the cards, as this gets quite expensive if I have to supply the envelopes and the postage to mail them to Afghanistan.
I am having a gathering at my house on April 19th with some of my crafty friends to make cards, so the package won't be going out until the end of April.
If this is something you think you would like to do, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know to wait for your cards. I will also e-mail you with my address.
I can assure you they are greatly appreciated.
Thank you for anything you can do!
Have a great week!!!!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
I promised to answer questions about me so you can get to know one of your hosts for Croppin' In The Mountains.
So without further ado....
Can you tell me a little about you?
A = I live in Austin, TX and have been here for over 15 years now
B = I like to bowl.
C = I have 3 cats…Smokey, Turtle & Q-Tip
D = I am a Disney Junkie. I have been fortunate enough to go to Disney World every year since I was born…sometimes more than once in a year. I am looking forward to going back this year.
E = I am currently working for a development company as an Executive Administrator. I enjoy my job, but look to scrafting to feed my creative outlet.
F = I like fishing, but deep sea fishing is my favorite.
G = My goal for this year is to get everything organized. What a feeling that will be when that is completed!
H = I am hooked on Starbuck’s. I go several times a week for their Chi Tea Lattes.
I = I find a lot of my inspiration when I am under pressure.
J = I joined a group to trade ATC’s at the end of every month. We are basing our cards of crazy holidays. Check out the website: http://www.brownielocks.com/month2.html
K = Someday, I dream to go to Australia and pet a Koala.
L = I am lucky to have parents and grandparents who support me in my endeavors.
M = It is 5 o’clock somewhere…I need a margarita!
N = I am near-sighted…hmmm…did you REALLY want to know that? LOL
O = I am originally from Ohio.
P = I graduated from Purdue University with teaching degree in Elementary Education.
Q = My humor is a little quirky.
R = When I was a Junior in High School, I took Russian as my language and even got to go to Russia on a school trip.
S = I am single and waiting for the Cabana Boy of my dreams!
T = In 2006, I completed the Danskin Triathlon in Austin, TX. I still feel wonderful about that accomplishment.
U = I am udderly happy to be co-hosting this retreat for you!
V = I once caught a very, big blue marlin off of the Mexico coast. Dad caught a sailfish on the same trip. We were going to have them both stuffed until we found out the cost!
W = I am thinking about getting a Wii. They are coming out with Wii Fit and I thought that would be fun.
X = If I could have one super power, what would it be? X-ray vision…NO…I want to have the ability to be self-healing.
Y = I am thing about staying in one of the Yurts at Bison Peak Lodge. Looks like fun!
Z = I am zippy in the morning
What is your background in Scrapbooking?
I started scrapbooking about 8-years ago. I wanted to start making scrapbooks for all my adventures to Disney World. I also wanted to make some books about my family and my cats. I did start these albums, but I quickly got asked to make albums for some friends, getting sidetracked from my books. I was very honored to be asked by them and I know they loved the way their memories were preserved. But, as you guys know…one thing leads to another. I got very interested in making cards, altered notebooks & altered paint cans.
Because of my various scrafting interests, I ended up spending so much time in one of our local scrapbook stores, that they offered me a job. I had a full time job, but decided I could do some after hours and weekend work…and so I took it. I got to know many wonderful scrafters, learn new and exciting techniques, and even teach some of the classes there.
I have become a rubber stamp addict over the years. I am afraid to count the number I have! We will leave this subject...heheheehehehe
I have been lucky to have some of my cards published. My very first publised card was in a special publication called Creative Cards for Scrapbookers in 2005, I believe. I was so excited and get giddy eveytime I look at that book.Since then, I have been published in Take 10 Magazine. I really like instant gratification and cards that I can make in 10 minutes or less. It helps in the spur of the moment :)
What got you interested in holding a retreat in Colorado?
There are several reasons that really got me going on this event:
1. In general, my love of scrafting. I love to let my creative side out though sometimes I do have to prod it to come out!
2. The Owner of Bison Peak Lodge, Chelsea, approached me to ask if I would like to come to Colorado some weekend and teach some of my scrafting classes. I thought that would be fun and a great get-away for me. But, as I thought about it more, why couldn’t we have a full-on Scrafting retreat!! I talked to some of my Scrafting buddies…Amy & Kathy. They thought this was a great idea and wanted to help co-host this event. I talked to Chelsea and she embraced the idea. Shas been our biggest supporter!
3. In my duties as an Executive Administrator, I have had to put on many Christmas parties, meeting events, and a full 4-day weekend trip for over 100 staff members & spouses in Colorado. I found that I really like to prepare & host these events. Soooooooooooooo....here we are.....preparing for Croppin' In The Mountains!
Let me know if you have any more questions about me, Amy, Kathy or the retreat.
Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday, March 28, 2008
I am glad you popped in today to see what we have going on for an AWESOME scrafting retreat in the mountains of Colorado.
I thought I would invite you to ask questions...
- About me...
- About the retreat...
- About the lodge...
- About my cats...
- Anything you like...
I want you to get to know me, what I am about, why my friends and I are doing this...
I will post answers to all questions on Monday.
Have a great weekend!!!!
Monday, March 24, 2008
Scrafters With An Altitude is excited to share with you the plans we have for an AMAZING mountain retreat at Bison Peak Lodge in scenic Colorado! Remember how fun pajama parties were? You were away from home, you got to stay up late, hang out with your friends and have a great time. We are inviting you to take a break from adulthood and join us for some good old-fashioned fun!
- Date: September 26, 27 & 28, 2008
- Where: Bison Peak Lodge in the Tarryall Mountains, CO
The Bison Peak Lodge is located in Colorado's Tarryall River Valley about 2 hours southwest of Denver-- at the geographic center of the state. The lodge looks right out at Bison Peak, the highest peak in the Tarryall Mountains (12.486 ft) and is nestled along Second Creek at the base of Farnum Peak , one of the higher points in the Puma Hills. You can see pictures and get more information about Bison Peak at their website at www.bisonpeaklodge.com. The Owner’s of the Lodge are Chelsea and James Faerber. Chelsea will be our hostess for the event. I will post her bio in a few days so you can "get to know" her.
Your Croppin’ In The Mountains Retreat includes:
* Friday & Saturday night lodging at Bison Peak Lodge. Accommodations include a single bed in one of the following rooms. Rooms will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis. If you will be a round the clock cropper and require only a little sleep, the yurt is the way to go!
- Mountain Room – 4 singles
- Bear Room – 6 singles
- Tree Room – 4 singles
- Queen Room – 1 to 2 people with one Queen bed
- Bison Peak also has a 16-person and a 4-person YURT available for the TRUE Adventurers
If you choose the one of yurts:
- There is no heat and no electric in the yurt
- Showers are available in the lodge
- There is a $30 per night discount
- The Lodge provides 30° sleeping bags that are super warm…if you sleep instead of crop!
* Reserved seating in the Lodge’s main room 12 Noon Friday until 1pm Sunday
* 5’ of table space per person all weekend long along with extension cords and surge protectors for heat guns, etc.
* Wonderful meals – some using vegetables grown on a garden located a just a few miles away!
Friday Dinner - Pasta
Saturday Breakfast – Eggs, Bacon, Cereal
Saturday Lunch – Sandwiches
Saturday Dinner – Burgers - You can request regular or veggie
Sunday Breakfast – Pancakes & Mimosas
Sunday Lunch – Sandwiches – These can be boxed for your ride home
Snacks, including a special late night snack on Friday and Saturday nights!
Unlimited tea, coffee, water & soda
* Unlimited use of our resource and tool center which includes a computer and printer
* Satellite radio and a special movie presentation late Saturday night
* Special surprises from the time you arrive to the time you leave!
* Optional break activity – Hiking or Mountain Biking - this is at no extra cost to you!
* Lots of fun & new friends
* Make & Takes will be offered
* Ala Carte Classes
- We are working to add a couple of Ala Carte classes for your enjoyment.
- We will e-mail all those that have registered once these are finalized, as well as, posting the info right here!
* Swaps – Guidelines will be available soon
- Photo Swap
- Card Swap
- ATC Swap
* Contests – Guidelines will be available soon
- Best page created while at retreat - 1st & 2nd place
- Most creative use of materials while at retreat – 1st & 2nd place
* Giveaways and Games
- Package rates per person $399 or $339 if you choose the Yurt for your accommodations.
- There is a non-refundable deposit of $199 due at the time of your reservation. Your balance will be due 30 days prior to your arrival date.
- Payments will be by PayPal or Cashier’s Check
- We must have at least 12 people for the retreat to happen. If there are NOT enough people registered, we will let you know by August 23, 2008. and your money will be refunded.
- Scrappers must be at least 14 years old
- We have a total of 32 spaces available based on the number rooms/beds and yurts available.
- If you need transportation to and from the airport, there will be a $75 round trip fee. Pick-up is available between 10am and 2pm Friday, September 26th at the Denver International Airport. Return transportation to the airport will be at 1pm on Sunday afternoon, September 28th.
- There is no smoking inside the Lodge or yurts
The Lodge will be dedicated to you and the reatreat for the entire weekend! You will be able to relax in your PJ’s, stay up all night giggling with girlfriends old & new while making your fabulous creations. We would LOVE for you to join us!
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com with any questions or to have a registration form sent to you via e-mail. If you prefer you can call Stephanie at 512-844-1902 and the form can be sent via fax.
We hope you will join us for this event!
Please spread the word!