Friday, April 4, 2008

Cards for Troops

Hello All -

I have a friend that was deployed to Afghanistan a few months back. Scrafters with an Altitude has begun working on some cards to send to Dan & the troops in his command. These cards are for them to use to write home to their loved ones.

We are inviting you all to be a part of this effort!

It would be fabulous, if you have cards laying around that need a good home or if you have any spare time to make a card or two or 20, we would LOVE to include this with ours!! The soldiers love homemade cards they can send to their loved ones. These cards go very quickly!

I would request that you send envelopes for the cards, as this gets quite expensive if I have to supply the envelopes and the postage to mail them to Afghanistan.

I am having a gathering at my house on April 19th with some of my crafty friends to make cards, so the package won't be going out until the end of April.

If this is something you think you would like to do, please email me at scrafterswithanaltitude@gmail.com and let me know to wait for your cards. I will also e-mail you with my address.

I can assure you they are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for anything you can do!

Have a great week!!!!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Glad to hear that more of us crafters are doing the "cards for the troops" projects. I have one going here in Hawaii. (hubby is from San Angelo, Texas)
Love your blog.
~Denise